Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Random Pictures and Events from my first full week in Levelock

Bease checking out my balcony porch

He left his mark  =)

What a view!

Behind my teacher housing

The side door I use everyday to get into school

Thats how far I walk!

Skype is a wonderful invention!  I can keep in touch with loved ones!

3 days worth of dishes.  I hate washing them

Finally all clean!  I have to wash them all the time since I can't eat out

The house of our school cook, who made a delicious fried chicken dinner

What the sky looks like when I walk to school!

My first full week here in Levelock was exciting.  I loved meeting all the students and getting to know each of them individually.  I also began my preliminary practice testing to help students get ready for their state exams, the reason I'm here!  Now I am working on going over each test with my students so they can see where their weak areas are and realize how important these tests are.  I also met several people from the village.  Most as they visited the school for one reason or another but someI met over the weekend when Maryellen, Richard and I made a few visits.  I am loving my time here in Levelock.  I do miss my family, especially right now with my grandfather, Robert Guiser, sick in the hospital.  But my school family has been very supportive during this time of need.  I also can't wait for next week.  The students will be on Spring Break and the teachers are heading to Aleyska Ski Resort for a retreat/conference and a little bit of fun!  This also means I will have cell phone service for a week!  Back to work, more updates later!

1 comment:

  1. Honey, We are so happy that you are having a wonderful time and things are going well. We all miss you very much. If you decide to go skiing while on spring break, please be careful because we don't want to hear that you broke your leg. hahaha We love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete