Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My School

My school here in Levelock is very nice.  It is like any typical school excpet with a few less classes.  We have an elementary room and a secondary room plus an empty classroom, which is where I set up!  Our school day starts at 830am but I usually arrive about 730.  This gives me time to check my email and make any Skype calls back home before I get started for the day.  It's also just a nice quiet time to myself in a setting I love.  I started out working with the elementary students in the morning while they have reading class.  But now I am working on finding out where students are in their core subjects so I can work with them on their level to prepare for their SBA assessments or Standards Based Assessments for the state.  I will be working with each student in weak areas and general test taking skills until they take their SBAs the week before I return to Pennsylvania.  This is an interesting but challenging experience. 

Anyway, my school also has a gym/multi-purpose room, where we eat lunch and the students have PE class every day.  There is a preschool classroom that runs until 11am for the 4 year olds and a library that has couches, tables and plenty of books.  The teachers and staff at Levelock school have been very welcoming.  Below are a few pictures of my school for everyone to enjoy!

My desk

The library

Elementary classroom

Cool wood Carving

Truck plugged in so it will start

No comments:

Post a Comment