Saturday, March 19, 2011

What's New

Well not much new has been happening here in my little slice of Alaska.  I am busy working with my students for their state tests that are now 2 weeks away.  I work daily with students in grades 3-11 on reading, writing and math skills.  I also focus on general test taking skills.  Some of my students don't really care about taking a state exam but I am still plugging away with them to show them that these tests are important.  All of my students will do well if they just take their time and apply themselves and I'm hoping that in the next 2 weeks they will realize they can really do this!

On another note I received my order from the air flight company that flys food into the village.  This included fresh produce so I can make SALADS!  Also the first ice cream I have had since leaving home!!  I was so stoked for cookie dough ice cream that I dug right in with a spoon!  Below is a picture of what I ordered plus a close up of the ice cream right before I dug in with a spoon  =)


I cant believe in exactly 3 weeks I will be getting ready to fly home to Pennsylvania and my adventure here will be over.  It is something I have learned a lot from about myself and others and something I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment